No matter what time of the year it is, it’s never too early for your business to start preparing for the holidays. That means if you’re thinking about throwing a corporate party, putting up holiday signs and banners for your restaurant or shop, or creating a colorful seasonal theme, it’s time to do your research. What makes a good outdoor Christmas banner or sign?
First, it’s always best to get your creative ideas flowing by looking at suggestions like these from www.pinterest.com. The design of your banner is just as important as the material it’s made from. Once you’ve decided on the look of your outdoor christmas banner or sign, it’s time to start thinking about the kind of textile you want to print on. Remember, banners and other outdoor signage are made from specialty fabrics designed to withstand the rigors of the elements.
Here’s a quick list of things you should consider when deciding on the best type of textile for your sign:
- Durability: Your banner or sign should be able to withstand the harsh winter elements that most parts of the country experience.
- Brightness: Colorful signs tend to stand out in dreary conditions, especially in the winter gloom.
- Curl-free: Outdoor signs should be curl-free so that they don’t look cheap or unprofessional.
- Print Quality: The textile you print on should be able to hold photo-quality images so that your sign looks great no matter what design you print on it.
There are also several types of outdoor banner or sign materials you can choose from. Typically you’ll want to use a textile like poly-vinyl composite, acrylic, or polyester, as these are excellent for use outdoors. Keep in mind that during Christmas, rain, wind, and snow can affect your sign. That’s why it’s important to use a specialty fabric that is:
- Flame Retardant: While it might not be your first concern for a holiday banner, safety is essential for all promotional and marketing materials
- Mold and Mildew Resistant: Rain and moisture can cause unsightly mold and mildew to grow
- Reinforced: Reinforced banners and signs - they have an extra layer of fabric - last longer
- Engineered Stiffness: This helps keep the banner flat and from curling
Outdoor christmas banners are reusable, and if you choose the right fabric and store your banner sign properly, you can use it for years to come. Doing a little research and finding the right textile for your Christmas sign can save you in the long run. After all, who wants to pay for the same banner over and over again?
Keep in mind, that the better the textile you use, the better quality, look, and feel your holiday event will have. Signs are one of the first things people see when they walk by or into a store or event. So, finding the right textile to print your carefully designed outdoor Christmas banner is important.
Make sure your banners and signs leave a great first impression. Download our free guide, Best Practices for Maintaining Seasonal Banners and Signs.