Banner signs are not all made equally. So, what’s right for you? The first thing you want to consider is quality. Your project is going to display your company’s message or logo. The last thing you want is to put up a poorly made outdoor banner sign.
So what are the different types of outdoor banner fabric? Here’s a quick list of some of the most common types:
- Vinyl: Typically known as PVC, this is not the best choice when it is used by itself. But when combined with other materials, it can offer an excellent option for any outdoor sign.
- Wood: This is a natural outdoor sign material that you can carve on, imprint on, or lay a material on for your sign. However, these signs can deteriorate and are bulky.
- Acrylic: This material is often called plexiglass and is a good choice for outdoor signs. But these signs are not flexible like cloth, they are stiff.
- Polyester: This is a nice choice because it offers flexibility in terms of patterns, designs, and colors. But the fabric alone can fade over time.
- Poly-Vinyl: This is a great combination of polyester and vinyl. The two fabrics are used together to create an excellent choice for outdoor banner signs.
Herculite Inc’s Bantex® Digital Banner Media signs feature a vinyl laminate on a weft insertion scrim base of high tenacity filament polyester. (Poly-vinyl composite fabric). The features and qualities this composite offer are impressive:
- Available in 36”, 54” and 72” widths
- Roll size: 25 & 50 yard defect free boxes and 100 yards Kraft paper rolls; other lengths available
- Two-sided; 100% opaque
- Flame retardant
- High performance reinforcement
- Engineered stiffness and lay flat
- No edge curl for 5 years
- Photographic print quality
- Predictable color clarity
The type of textile you use for your outdoor fabric banner sign ultimately depends on your individual needs. Bear in mind, though, that the outdoor banner fabric you use should be durable, long lasting, and able to withstand the elements. You also want the textile to display your graphics well and not be of low quality.
Remember, not all outdoor banner fabrics are created equally. Even if the base material might be the same, some have different offerings. For example, some signs are not curl free, while others don’t have predictable color clarity. It’s important that you talk with your textile supplier about your project and what you need. If you’re using an intricately designed pattern or logo, then using a wood sign may not be for you.
And if you’re looking for a billboard fabric, then you want to use something that is curl free and has photographic print quality. The clearer your image and message, the more folks you can reach. Also, if you’re using an outdoor banner fabric for billboards, you want the textile to be stiff and keep its flat surface, even when it’s out in the rain, wind, and snow.
Keep in mind, you can always contact a fabric supplier like Bantex who can help you through the process of choosing the right outdoor banner fabric for your project. You’re not alone in your research. Being able to ask questions, share ideas with, and express your concerns to your supplier is a great way to ensure you’re choosing the right textile.
Now that you know a little more about outdoor banner fabrics, feel free to contact us if you have any questions. You can visit us at http://www.herculite.com for more information. Or give us a call if you would like more information about our products and services at 800-772-0036.